The Brickman's Blog

Welcome to my Blog! PLEASE feel free to leave comments, or just say "hello"! If you'd like to include your name/nickname in your comments, simply click on "other"...but if you prefer to remain anonymous, that's OK too! CULINARY CONSULTING CODE: 10-10-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Brick is Back!

Hi everybody!

Well, it's pretty late, Friday night (actually, it's Saturday morning, now). It's been a hectic few days, following a hectic week, but I've been informed that my Volvo has been repaired and is ready for me to pick up.

The folks over at the car dealership (where the car was being repaired) phoned me at about 5 PM Friday; I didn't hear the phone ringing, as it was our "dinner rush" time at the restaurant. But they left me a voicemail message, which I finally heard at about 5:20 PM (I should point out that the dealership closes at 5:30 PM).

There was no way I could get there in time, even if I could have left the restaurant. Besides which, I still had to return the "loaner" car to the rental company. So, my only remaining option was to go & pick up my Volvo this morning.

This morning, I arrived at the dealership at just about 10 AM. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the Service Department isn't open on Saturdays (I already knew they weren't open on Sundays!). The dealership itself was open, and a young salesman spotted me and asked if he could help me somehow. I explained that I was here to pick up my car, which had been repaired ("and that's it, right over there!").

I ended up paying the Sales Manager for the repairs; he was unable to answer some of the questions that I had (mostly pertaining to warranty information on the parts and labor), but he did fill-out all of my paperwork and send me on my way. I'll have to phone the Service Department on Monday, to clear up the few remaining questions that I have. And as for the "loaner car"....I left it at the dealership (I couldn't drive two cars at once!). They're back-and-forth between the two places all the time, so they can return it to the rental company easily enough.

So the Brick is back on the road!

I'm off to work right now, but later today I'll be posting a recipe I found for Grilled Fried Chicken.


See everyone later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home