The Brickman's Blog

Welcome to my Blog! PLEASE feel free to leave comments, or just say "hello"! If you'd like to include your name/nickname in your comments, simply click on "other"...but if you prefer to remain anonymous, that's OK too! CULINARY CONSULTING CODE: 10-10-2000

Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Hi everyone!

I had another busy week, last week (I know...excuses, excuses). We've been preparing the restaurant for the Return of the College Students (I know, that sounds like a B-grade horror movie). In addition, on Friday, August 19th, my Grandma celebrated her 90th birthday! Naturally, that's rather a big deal, so my family threw her a party. It was a rather subdued party---only about 15 people---but everyone had a great time, especially Grandma. The friends and relatives who couldn't attend sent cards, flowers, and gifts. She received gifts from as far away as Australia (we have good friends who live there), and she must have received at least 300 cards!

Among the guests were my two nephews, Jesse (almost 5) and Justin (2). I ALWAYS look forward to spending time hanging out & playing with them. They, too, had lots of fun at Grandma's party (Justin was mostly interested in the balloons, actually!). They're very lucky little boys, to have a Great-Grandma.

I just wanted to "touch base" with everybody. In a little while, I'll be posting my recipe for the Best Buttermilk Biscuits Ever (seriously!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home